Working with partners and stakeholders locally and nationally, VAHHS supports and contributes to policies that meet the association’s core principles of making health care more affordable, maintaining high quality care, providing universal access, and preserving the individual’s ability to choose their doctor and hospital.
Advocacy: VAHHS represents its member hospitals at the state and federal level with advocacy that ensures Vermont’s not-for-profit hospitals can continue to provide the very best care, while advancing important reforms to bring down costs for patients and strengthen our local economy.
VAHHS uses the following principles to direct all advocacy efforts:
- Integrated Compassionate Mental Health Care
- Access to Vermont's Top-Rated Health Care System
- Better Health for Vermonters
- Coordinated Care at Lower Costs
- Policy Development: For decades, VAHHS has been a leader in the advancement of health care reforms that improve the lives of Vermonters by increasing access to care, supporting initiatives that broaden coverage for Vermonters, and reducing the number of uninsured with programs like Dr. Dynasaur, Catamount Health and The Vermont Blueprint for Health and VITL. Additionally, VAHHS has been at the forefront of policies to support our toughest community challenges such as addiction and mental health treatment.