Booster shots keep us safe
By Devon Green
VAHHS Vice President of Government Relations
With boosters now widely available in Vermont, we hope eligible Vermonters take advantage of this great opportunity to further protect themselves, their families and their communities. Signing up is easy and the Vermont Department of Health has done an incredible job to ensure access to Pfizer boosters for all Vermonters.
Here is what you need to know:
The following Vermonters who received their second Pfizer shot at least six months ago are eligible for a booster:
- those are age 65 or older
- those age 18 or older with certain medical conditions that put them at high risk of getting severely ill with COVID-19
- those age 18 or older who are more likely to be exposed to or spread COVID because of where they work, including all health care workers
- those age 18 or older who are Black, Indigenous or people of color (BIPOC) or are age 18 or older and live with someone who is BIPOC
For more information on these categories, go to the Vermont Department of Health website.
How to Sign Up
If you signed up through the state website:
- you can sign up again through the website; or
- go to a pharmacy.
If you did not sign up through the state’s website for your initial doses, you can:
- call 855-722-7878; or
- go to a pharmacy.
Health care workers who were vaccinated prior to the state’s website will have to call 855-722-7878 to sign up or go to a pharmacy, unless their employers tells them otherwise.
Flu Shots and Boosters
Some people have reported hearing they need to get their COVID booster shot and flu shot separately. You can receive your COVID booster shot and other vaccinations, such as flu or shingles, at the same time as your COVID booster shot as long as they are one inch apart. You will likely want to get each shot in a different arm!
Next Blog Post
Thanks to all who attended our 2021 Annual Meeting, “Forward Together.”
Thanks to all who attended our 2021 Annual Meeting, “Forward Together.” We were pleased so many of you joined us even though it could not be in person. This year, we were proud to host the following presentations: Keynote…